Sunday, January 25

Moon Liver

Thank you, our dear regular readers, for still stopping by despite our accidental hiatus and for still tolerating our never-ending madness. (Okay, so it's just me who's insane). In any case, Rachel and I will probably be even more away from the blog, at least for this week as we partake in our Chinese Lunar New Year festivities. This year, is the Year of the Ox and it so happens that Rachel and I are both Year of the Ox babies. So a big moo from us to all!

Tonight is the eve of the Lunar New Year in which we eat a glorious meal of delicious dinner. And in my house at least, we always have the steamboat - which is basically a sort of big hot pot kept hot by charcoal and you cook your own food in it, resulting in a mightily delicious broth at the end of the night. Food for cooking include, all sorts of veggies, tofu, mushrooms, beef, pork, chicken, fish, liver, kidney, cuttlefish, scallop, squid, prawns...need I explain how the delicious broth comes about at the end of all this? Obviously, not. *drools*

Here's a little festive greeting from me to all of you. You must know that any sort of whacked-up cracked-out looking photoshopping, is done by me. In the words of a colleague of mine who happens to be a photoshop-whiz, I am learning how to use photoshop the "street" way, i.e. just going at it blindly. So, there you have it, the moon has turned again!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hui!! wtf!
I cannot stop laughing!

To all those celebrating, Happy Chinese New Year! :D

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i love that picture!!

happy chinese new year, my little ox babies! well. wait. maybe not babies, seeing that i'm younger than you... haha.

still :)

xoxo,
La C.

life . style . dissected said...

happy, happy chinese new year ladies!

enjoy all the festivities and wonderful food.

x
melissa